August 10, 2014

Summer Sobriety

I get my best ideas to blog when I'm running, and listening to sober podcasts. Then never write anything down.  It has been three months since I wrote.  I'm still sober.  Completed Belle's 180 Day challenge in July and signed up for Team 365.  Recently I started listening to a new podcast called Klen & Sobr (with a "long" e) and of course, The Bubble Hour. 

Yesterday I had a total breakdown.  For over six months I have held my shit together and have not bobbled once.  No tears, no anger, nothing.  I lost it with crying and snot and angry words and laughter and dry heaves.  Nope, not pretty.  But I felt so much better after I let it go.  What set me off?  A fucking kayak.  I was trying to tie a fucking kayak to the top of my daughter's car and the tie down strap was too long.  I was pressed for time and my mind wasn't working.  The stupid ratchet tie strap was twisting and wouldn't release and the whole world was against me and my plan to go for a leisurely kayak outing.  Once I calmed down from the crying and then the laughing it all seemed so silly.  I'm glad it happened because today my daughter and I enjoyed a beautiful morning on the river in our fucking kayaks!  I also celebrated my 52nd birthday last week.  The first one sober in a number of years.  Yay!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment