March 4, 2014

Aced Another Test




Last weekend Mr.Stitches and I visited our youngest daughter at college.  She goes to school in Mr. Stitches hometown.  We stayed at his parent's house.  They move to a southern state for a few months every year so no one was there.  Mr. Stitches comes from a family of big drinkers.  I don't think I have ever gone to his family's home and not had a drink, except when I was expecting.  Even when we stay at their house when they aren't there I would still drink.  The only thing I had this weekend was ice water, coffee, and orange juice.  I didn't WANT anything else!  

The next time we go back will be when the family gets together this spring.  I feel stronger having made it through my first time staying at the house sober - without an "audience".  Probably no one other than his sister, "the biggest drinker in the family" will notice.  And she will.  And she'll mention it.  Again, again, and again.  But weren't we all a bit annoying when we were drunk?  




No comments:

Post a Comment