May 9, 2014

Mini Vacation

Parsons Beach - Kennebunk, ME


I'm on a mini vacation for a few days.  This marks the third year we have been on this trip, my first time sober.  No stopping at the New Hampshire Liquor Store.  No bar tab at the hotel.  No bar tab at the restaurant before dinner.  No wine with dinner.  No wine after dinner back at the hotel.  No falling asleep with a wine glass in my hand in bed.  

Instead I celebrated 100 days of sobriety.  I enjoyed conversation with my husband.  I could TASTE my dinner.  I didn't stumble to the restroom.  I savored dessert.  I didn't trip walking back to our car.  I remembered stuff!

Today it's overcast and probably going to rain a bit.  We will shop a little and relax.  I'm heading out for a run in a few minutes.  Going to visit a few fabric stores this afternoon.  Maybe some antique shops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment