February 24, 2014

Made it!

Well I made it through Saturday evening with our drinking friends without a hitch!  It was actually kind of normal.  When Mrs. Drinker asked what I was drinking I told her just some seltzer, cuz I'm off the booze for a bit.  I was drinking too much and wanted to see if I could stop.  While the guys were outside grilling my husband told Mr. Drinker that it had been 25 days.  He was impressed.  Asked me what I missed most.  I told him the routine...the habit of it more than anything, and that's the truth.  If I get that "I NEED something" feeling I grab a flavored seltzer instead.  For me it's very important to have something special in the house for when that feeling pops up.  I don't drink seltzer for breakfast or while I'm home from work for lunch because I never drank booze then.  For me this works. 

Mrs. Drinker is a tiny bit of a lady and was drinking my favorite Kendall Jackson Chardonnay.  She drank most of the bottle and was rather tipsy by the end of the night, she hadn't had anything to eat since breakfast either.  It was kind of hard to have a conversation with her.  I wondered when both of us were drinking together if we were really having conversations or if we were having strangely incoherent albeit understood by both of us discussions on nothing in particular.  Hmm.



No comments:

Post a Comment