February 11, 2014

Two Weeks Alcohol Free

Today was one of those days where I would have stopped after work for a couple bottles of wine and a case of beer...just to make sure I had enough alcohol to get me through the evening.  

Work was just ANNOYING today.  Boss Man had "Brain Vomit" this morning.  This occurs when everything he has thought about from the moment he left the office yesterday until he arrived this morning is trapped in his head and has to be spewed forth, and be taken care of right away, of course.  Needless to say he had been thinking a lot.  The phone was ringing constantly and everyone needed something NOW.  I never had a chance to get away for a bit of lunch so found myself with a raging headache at 2pm. 

Instead of loading up on alcoholic beverages I came home, had some food and a bit of down time.  Most importantly I didn't crack a cold beer and plunk down on my ass, I hopped on the treadmill and had a 30 minute run instead.  Tomorrow may be another day like today.  It may be worse, but I can come home and workout, or sew, or plan a new fabric  project instead of turning to alcohol.  That was my choice today and I'm confident I can continue on this path.

More good news...Boss Man is on vacation next week ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment